Programme Deferment Policy
“Defer” means a student wishes to take an intermission/break in his/her studies and, as a result, extends the duration of the programme. The addendum the student is expected to sign will, however, reflect the new programme date.
- The student is required to submit a duly completed student request form or written notification via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to the office of the Registrar, with supporting documents (if applicable).
- Deferment application will only be considered if valid reasons are provided. Examples of such valid reasons are medical, bereavement of immediate family members, etc.
- The College does not allow deferment after the completion of the first semester. Exemptions may be allowed in the case of health conditions (with relevant supporting documents shared). The student may, however, be required to commence the programme with the next available cohort/academic year, as all previous grades in the first semester will be considered invalid.
Programme Deferment Procedure
- Students submit request for deferment of programme to the Registrar’s office.
- The Registrar’s office will evaluate and approve the deferment request.
- The Registrar’s office will inform the student of the conditions for deferment.
- The Registrar’s office will check on the student’s attendance and course fee status and obtain clearance where applicable.
- The Registrar’s office will issue an addendum reflecting the new course end date and schedule (if applicable).
- The College Administration will update students’ records office within 2 working days upon signing of the addendum.
- The Registrar’s office will update the list of deferments.
- The College will process the deferment request within 3 to 5 working days.